Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Angry Art Challenge - The results!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in the Angry Art Challenge I set a few days ago. The response was amazing! And from such a diverse crowd too, pro artists and dabblers alike. I was particularly chuffed by the number of entries from younger artists. They were so creative! Here's a short video of all of the pieces that came in before the deadline. A few more have floated in since.

video

I'm currently working on a book that, unfortunately, I can't explain in its entirety yet as I don't want some smartarse to take the idea and pip me to the post (that's happened before severa times - see older blogposts)! What I can say is that I wanted to prove a point; that given limited resources - basically stuff lying around the house - anyone can make art. You don't need expensive oil paints or yew easels. You don't need a university education. All you need is inspiration, determination and the confidence to 'have a go' and enjoy doing so. Judging from what you all sent me, you had great fun!

Thank you so much - I will be contacting you all shortly to get your addresses so that I can send you your paltry reward: an original doodle by me.

And if all goes to plan (and my excellent agent is successful), some of these will end up in the finished book.

This was fun. perhaps we should have another challenge soon ... ?

1 comment:

Ric said...

Was fun taking part in this and seeing the amazingly varied results! You should deffo do more challenges! ;) Cheers!