Saturday, August 18, 2007

A long time ago in a galaxy far away ... but quite near the London Eye

I paid a visit to the Star Wars exhibition at County Hall in London today ... er ... but I didn't dress up. Honest. I haven't quite crossed that 'Bridge of Sadness' into fan-boy territory yet. I just like the films. And, if further justification were needed, I should say that the bit that fascinates me most is the behind the scenes stuff. I'm lucky in that I know several sculptors and artists who've worked on the films, so I've seen some of the models, props and costumes before. I've even been lucky enough to get on set. But it was great to see some of the newer stuff that's been produced away from the UK.

It was a bit expensive at £16.50 per adult (my claim to have a mental age of nine didn't move the people on the ticket desk) but worth it if you want to rub yourself up against Anakin's life-sized pod racer or see what Jabba the Hutt could have looked like with eight legs and baps.

Enjoy these few pics. One of the high spots was Leia's bikini from Return of the Jedi. It didn't look so good without her in it though.

Darth Vader? Big wuss ...

No comments: